Saturday, September 1, 2012

Raleigh Galloway Training Run # 16

Good run but challenging for me - I tried so hard to run the correct pace for the first two miles while I was leading the whole Tapirs group but I was just not fast enough and I really put myself in a hole doing this - once we spite off the Late start group I continued to try to keep the pace but switched to 1 minute run two minute walk and this did help me recover - I did walk up Lassiter Mill hill - even walking this was a challenge for me at this point in the run - I told the group I needed to walk it but if they wanted to run it to go ahead and everyone did - I was proud of them - I finished my first 4 mile run standing, not dizzy or light headed but very very tired - I needed to sit down as soon as I was able - I am beginning to believe the extremely low carbohydrate diet I am I have been following for the last two months is hampering my ability to train - I am not really sure what to do about this - the diet does seem to have started my weight loss but if my training does not start to improve I am concerned about being able to prepare for City of Oaks, OBX challenge and the Goofy - I am thinking about figuring out how many grams of carbohydrates are in a Sports Bean and consuming say 5 grams of carbohydrates in Sports Beans when I seem to be fading durning the 8K Meri and I are sweeping tomorrow - I am sure it will kick me out of Ketosis but it will also let me know if part of my performance problem is the carbohydrate restrictions I have placed on myself -  except for fatigue no problems no pains - it was very hot and extremely humid today a couple of our runners had heat problems -

Raleigh Galloway Training Run # 16 by ashby

No comments: