Friday, April 13, 2012

CNC Spring Friday ride

Great ride - good weather - well done event - it was bit cool at the start but it warmed up but never got hot - we did have a lot of wind and it really did change from NE during the first half of the ride to W for the second half making it a head wind most of the day - I did not have great legs today but felt good and had a good ride - when I left the last rest stop Turtle felt funny - after about 3/4 of a mile I stopped and reach back to check the rear tire - it was soft not flat but not fully inflated either - I turned around and went back to the rest stop hopping to get help - the guy there was helpful except he did not have any 26 tubes and had never seen of worked on a trike - I did get back on the road a about 45 minutes later and did fine come ing in fact I had better legs then than earlier and rode well coming home - I rode most of the time with Leah and Wayne when I could keep up with them - after the ride I got a nice hot shower the rested a bit to let the line for dinner shorten - dinner was fried shrimp, fish, hush puppies, baked potatoes, cole slaw and banana pudding - I confess I had a mess of shrimp and a large helping of the slaw - I did get as much of the breading off the shrimp as I could but the were large and good and I enjoyed them the slaw was also good - I also had some pudding - should not have enter some of that stuff but I did enjoy it - I was able to get the wireless password of where I am staying which is nice and also allowing me to post this while it is fresh and to post my photos from today - planning on a century Saturday with Leah -

CNC Spring Friday ride

No comments: