Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hatfield & McCoy Half Marathon 2011 by ashby3 at Garmin Connect - Details

This was a great race - I had a real god time running and traveling with Meri, Bert, Wendy, Jon and Emily. I really felt good and enjoyed the run. I had planned to run the first 2 or 3 miles straight then start my 4 - 1 run/walk, I go to mile for before I started walking - I ran the rest of the race with 4-1 run/walk - Blackberry hill was the longest hill I have ever run up but it was not the steepest and I did pretty well on it also I did something else on this run I had not done before - I ran in the rain - it started running as I was running up the little hills before Blackberry and it rained all the way up the hill and most of the way down - I ran down the whole hill - I wanted to see how I did running down for a long time to get some idea how I will do on the Scream! next month - my calf are a bit sort but other wise I am good - the rain may have really help me on Blackberry because it was cooling - I just had a real good run and I would recommend this race to everyone it was just so pretty where we were running the the race was very well done - I am sure I will be doing it again - I PRed by 25 seconds - I had a little left when I crossed the bridge so I just ran - I felt like I had run well enough to get one but did not know I was that close -

Time: 03:39:53
Distance: 13.11 mi
Elevation Gain: 1,266 ft
Calories: 3,230 C
Avg Temperature: 79.5 °F

Hatfield & McCoy Half Marathon 2011

My Pictures from the race are HERE

My Pictures from the trip are HERE

No comments: