Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Speed Work - Hill Repeats

Good run - I went to the track at the Garner High School and it was locked up - guess I was just luck last week finding it open - I really liked doing the runs there so I will continue to check it to see if it is open on Tuesdays after work - I was pretty annoyed when I found it locked - I was planning on just tanking my workout but on the drive home I got to thinking and remembered the hill repeats were also good for improving ones speed and since I have a hill very close to my home I decided to try that - I was not sure how long my hill was and if is was long enough to work but only why I could find out was to try it and see if folks think it was worthy doing - looking at my data it looks like my hill is .15 miles in length - it did not seem short when running up it but I found at the end I could run around the corner because that continues to climb and I will do that next time - this is what I did - I ran to the bottom of the hill turned around hit the Lap button and ran up the hill as quickly as I could - when I got to the top I hit the Lap button then i walk a few steps then ran slower back down the hill - as soon as I got to the bottom of the hill I started again - I was able to do three repeats next time I will try to do three again but with the extra distance -it was very hot but it was a pretty short workout - these short workout seem too short but I am tired - If someone reads this and I am doing this wrong please let me know -

Time: 00:16:48
Distance: 1.09 mi
Elevation Gain: 3 ft
Calories: 244 C
Avg Temperature: 93.4 °F

Tuesday Speed Work - Hill Repeats

No comments: