Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tobacco Road Half Marathon

Great Run - I ran the whole run with Emily - she was great we had a really good time - we ran one minute intervals the whole run and except for two or there times where we ran two runs by accident we did not deviate for the 1:1 - we were tired at the end but both had a kick at the end and Emily had more kick than I did and beat me by about ten paces - the weather was wonderful not too cool and never hot - we started running before Sun rise which was kind of neat - the race was just about perfect - the only think I know of that was not perfect was that they started the race about 20 minutes late due to the fact that there was an accident that slowed the traffic for those coming to the run and the buss moving folks from one of the parking areas - it would have been nice to have started on time but this did not really brother me - if I had been one of those stuck out there I would have liked it that they delayed the race - the full Marathon runner started 15 minutes after the half runners - this seemed strange but it did mean that there were always other runners around us which was pretty neat - I waited with Emily for her husband Jon who was running the full - Jon was running with the 5 hour pace group and they came in at 4:59 and change - pretty impressive - I was feeling good ran well did fell spent at about mile 9 but I recovered and did well until the last mile but in general this was my best run so far - we also saw Priscilla and her to friends, George, Lesley, John a trainer I work with some from Rex Wellness Garner and some other running who's names I have lost - also as volunteers Ron, Eric, Cara Hardin and few other who's name I have also lost - many thanks to all the volunteers - I even was recognized by a road cyclist from Team CBC who said hello as they road by - my feet are pretty sore but everything else is ding just fine - during the run no pain no problems but the feet after mile 11 or so - blood sugar was 87 and pressure 169/80 48 - it was a really fine day -

Time: 03:41:52
Distance: 13.34 mi
Elevation Gain: 511 ft
Calories: 3,450 C
Avg Temperature: 47.6 °F

Weight
282.3 lbs
Body Fat
18.4 %
Body Water
53.8 %
Bone Mass
11.1 lbs
Muscle Mass
219.3 lbs
Physique Rating
6
Visceral Fat
12
Metabolic Age
19 years
Daily Caloric Intake
6,661 C

Tobacco Road Half Marathon

My Pictures are HERE

No comments: