Thursday, November 25, 2010

10th Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K

This was a fun run - I was so cold before the start but after I was running a bit I was fine so I had the right stuff on - I need to get a supply of plastic bags to wear before theses runs - I was very apprehensive before the run, I am not sure why maybe because I had not done as well as I had hopped in my to halves earlier this month - true is I felt good after we started running - I was healthier for this run than I had been for either of the two halves and felt like I was running well - I would liked to have done either of the halves being this healthy - I had not real pain - I had a few twinges in the Peroneus but not much and no foot, quad on knee pain and I was not destroyed at the end I was even able to kick at the end a bit - the timing system at this race sends a message to your cell phone when you cross the finish line with you chip time - was less than 100 steps across the line when I heard my iPhone notify me that I had a message - that was cool - about my time - it is by far my best time in anything like this I just hope I can keep doing it - the course was good one pretty good hill the rest were not bad - I am still doing the run-walk method but I am allowing myself to be less strict with it, if I feel like running longer I do if I need to walk a hill I do - mostly I follow my one minute walk 4 minute run - my weight was 295.8 this morning and blood sugar was 114 - I am looking forward to dinner with the family this afternoon -

Time: 01:22:19
Distance: 5.09 mi
Elevation Gain: 306 ft
Calories: 1,045 C
Avg Temperature: 47.8 °F

10th Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K

No comments: