Tuesday, July 7, 2009

CBC Tri-Team ? first training ride/run



My post ride comments -

I had a good time and took my first step to possibly become a triathlete - I am not sure I will ever compete but I am looking forward to the training and training with a goal in mind. I plan to look around Garner to see if I can find somewhere to swim. I can begin doing that now and I am not ready to try running yet but I will be ramping up my walking. One thing I do need is some running/walking shoes. Was really nice to see everyone and I hope we can make this a weekly event at this park and maybe at some other places also. I think there were 7 or 8 of us there sorry I do not have everyone's name.

My GPS data
shows both my ride and walk so the average speed in not correct for either - my cycling computer had a average speed of 16,2 mph.

I only got one picture


I have an app for my iPhone from http://www.mapmyride.com which will use the GPS built into the iPhone to collect the course data of walks, rides, hikes and other types of sports. It tells me that I walked 1.28 miles in 34:18 minutes with a pace of 26.53 average(not sure what this means) at a speed of 2.23 mph average. Click HERE to see the link to the site with my data - I am not sure if it can be seen by other people if the link does not work.

I still have trouble believing I am doing this and that I really want to. I know so little about Trialthletics and the events but I am looking forward to learning,

No comments: